I was speaking at the Leaders’ Call to Adventure Telesummit and in my interview, I shared how you can quickly move past hours, days, months and even years of mental indecisiveness and procrastination by using my “Head to Heart” exercise.
It worked for Lori Ference. Lori was the organizer of the event and right after our interview, she tried the exercise and here’s what she had to say:
“While walking my dog the other day, I did Holly’s ‘Head to Heart’ exercise and was able to quickly and soundly make a couple of key decisions that had been taking up my energy for WEEKS. What a relief!”
Here’s the “Head to Heart” in a nutshell:
- Have a piece of paper and pen handy
- Draw a heart in the center of the paper, large enough to write in it if you need to.
- Draw a big circle around the heart, covering the entire sheet of paper.
- If there’s something that you’ve been waffling on (e.g., Should I do A or B?), write down your possible options on the piece of paper. Place each option either in the circle or in the heart depending on where you FEEL it should go in relation to your own heart. The further it is from the heart, the less your heart and soul want to do it. If it’s not even in the circle, then you can let it go. If it’s in the heart, that’s where your heart is calling you.
- Your mind will catch on to this exercise and may try to intervene. This will be evidenced by indecisiveness on where to place an item on the paper. To move past this block, simply think of the item and focus on your body at the same time. Where do you FEEL the item in your physical body? If it’s in your heart, BINGO!
That was pretty simple, wasn’t it? And immensely powerful too. That’s what I’m all about. Ease, grace and effortless action to move mountains. Have fun today!
If you’d like to hear me walk through this process, my interview is replaying until the 14th. To listen, simply register for free at the Leaders’ Call to Adventure Telesummit.